Editors Overall Rating
- Amcrest 960h Review (5 Things to Know Before Buying!)
- Editors Overall Rating
- Detailed Review
- Things To Consider Before Buying A Security Camera
- Features And Benefits
- Video Walkthrough
- Alternative Cameras To The Amcrest 960H Camera
- Final Thoughts
In the world of security one of the most popular brands I get requested for installs is Amcrest. If you’re worried about the security of your home, it’s best to install a high-level security camera and keep 24/7 surveillance on the house. For this level of security, many families choose Amcrest. Amcrest is easily one of the best security camera brands out there, due to its exceptional resolution, durability, and advanced features that cater to the needs of both business owners and homeowners.
We tested several products of Amcrest, and security cameras of its leading competitor brands such as Swann, and Lorex, and found Amcrest 960H to be one of the best ones of all. This model is sturdy and is equipped with all the state-of-the-art camera features that you would need for strict surveillance. However, there is more to this camera than just good night vision, and excellent picture quality, as we discovered through our testing.
Read on to know why we found the Amcrest 960H to be one of the best security system, and why you should buy this model for your home or office surveillance.
Things We Liked
- Simple to install
- Very affordable
- Highly durable
- Excellent features
Things We Didn’t Like
- The fans of the device could be considered loud by some
- Requires proper ventilation lest the motherboard overheats
Things To Consider Before Buying A Security Camera
Before we dive into reviewing the Amcrest 960H, here are a few things that you should consider before buying a security camera.
1. Quality of Material
The quality of material used to construct the security camera determines how well they can withstand harsh weather conditions, such as rain and snow. This is especially true for outdoor cameras. (1)
2. Ease of Installation
Personally, we prefer sticking to wireless cameras, or the ones that require minimal wiring, to make the installation of the security camera hassle-free. If you don’t want to deal with a bunch of cords too, wireless cameras are ideal. You may want to check our other guides on how to install security cameras in a mobile home.
3. Image/Video Quality
The resolution of the camera is an important factor too, as it determines the overall picture quality of the device.
The last important factor that you should take into account while buying a security camera is its price, and whether or not the features of the camera justify the price.
We will cover all these factors, and elaborate on how they relate to the Amcrest 960H in the review.
Features And Benefits
While using Amcrest 960H, we enjoyed the remote viewing feature of the Amcrest security system that allowed us to keep tabs on our property from anywhere. For this, we used the Amcrest app, which comes with comprehensive wireless access technology.
As soon as we fired up the app, we could view the videos from anywhere, and keep up 24/7 surveillance. If you want to keep surveillance on your house while you are at work, this Amcrest security model is a must-buy, hands down.
One of the reasons why we loved using the Amcrest 960H is the plug-and-play installation of the device. You don’t have to be a tech genius to install this Amcrest video camera.
This would save you a lot of money, as you won’t be required to pay for professional installation. You could easily set up this Amcrest video camera by following the instructions in the manual.
Night-Vision is a must-have feature in security cameras nowadays, and it’s safe to say that the Amcrest 960H lives up to those expectations, thanks to the 24 LED IR lights attached with the system. It can record crisp and clear pictures even in darkness and can save the recorded videos in the expansive storage of the system.
The daytime viewing of the model is exceptional too, owing to its 75-wide angle view, and coverage of about 65 feet. So if you want to know who knocked at your door at 3 am in the morning, you could check that through the security camera. Don’t worry, the image quality does not suffer during the night, so you would be able to identify an intruder even in darkness.
This Amcrest view model is built with heavy-duty and waterproof material, making it one of the most durable models by Amcrest. It can withstand heavy rain and harsh weather conditions with ease. We tested the waterproof capabilities of the device, and the results were all positive. If you live in a storm-prone region, you should consider buying this model.
Excellent Motion Detection Capabilities
Another reason why we fell in love with the Amcrest 960H during the testing is its advanced motion detection capabilities. This Amcrest view camera can pick up all movements, and send timely alerts to you. If there is anything or anyone in front of your doorstep that requires your attention, the camera will let you know.
The device is also compatible with nearly all kinds of operating systems, including Android and iOS. You can install the app on the phone, and receive motion alerts on your device.
While our experience with Amcrest 960H was excellent, we also wanted to know how the experiences of some other users have been, and if their thoughts on the efficacy of the device are similar to that of ours. We scoured the internet and checked out some reviews dropped by past users. Here is what past users had to say about this model. (2)
On the whole, this model received positive feedback from a lot of users. It’s safe to say, our findings after the testing were quite similar to what these people had to say about the device.
Alternative Cameras To The Amcrest 960H Camera
- 【1080P FHD &PTZ Coverage 】 High resolution images in 1080P resolution ,wide-angle lens combined with 350°vertical rotation range to help you view every angle of your house clearly. Powered by USB cable and this wifi camera only works with 2.4GHz WIFI band.
- 【Infrared Clear Night Vision & IP65 Waterproof】Wansview security camera outdoor is equipped with 12pcs 850nm infrared LED lights, which switch to the smart night vision mode up to 50 feet. Intelligent IR-cut ensure see everything in any dark environment in real-time. IP65 waterproof feature is the best choice for outside use, allows you to keep monitoring in extreme environments no matter in storm and snowy weather.
- 360°Coverage with 2K Resolution - blurams security camera automatically tracks the motion if detect motion. Features in IR-CUT function to capture crisp videos and photos from the day to night, even in the dim condition. Turn on privacy mode to protect your privacy.
- Smart AI Detection & Instant Alerts - Receive instant alerts on your phone if human, motion or abnormal sound detected in your house. Automatically record a 10-15 seconds alert video to the cloud and it will be saved for 24 hours (no subscription or monthly fees required).
- [Full HD 1080p IP Camera & Clear Night Vision]Equipped with a 110-degree wide-angle clear and sharp 1080P full HD lens, you can see high-quality video anytime and anywhere. Advanced technology enables night vision up to 33ft.
- [AI-powered human motion & sound detection]Once the surveillance camera detects abnormal movement and sound, it will immediately send an alert notification to your mobile APP. Adjustable sensitivity can reduce false alarms caused by non-human motion.
The effectiveness of the Amcrest 960H has been corroborated by various Amcrest 960H reviews, and now that we have used the model for ourselves, we can vouch for all the good things you hear about this model. From good picture quality to excellent durability, to advanced features, this model is equipped with everything you need to ensure that nobody invades your home without your knowledge.
Thanks to its motion detection technology, you would be in the know of who entered the property as soon as the sensors of the model detect even the slightest movements of the intruder. This is why we found this device to be extremely useful right off the bat. Click here to check the product out.
(1) quality of material – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/material-quality
(2) Social Proof – https://buffer.com/library/social-proof/
Secure It Fast Box Model 47 Review
Product Brand: SecureIt