5 OF The Best Light Bulb Camera (2020 Reviewed)
No products found.
Last update on 2020-08-29 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
New trends come in waves in the arena of home security. But, some are more than a passing fad. A leading concern when dealing with security systems of all types and sizes is the difficulty of installing and how easy they are to use. What good is a security camera if you can’t get it up and working?
It is sometimes as easy as a light bulb. The simplicity of a light bulb camera is only one aspect that makes it a security solution.
More reasons to choose an LED light camera:
- Quality Video
- High-Resolution Recording
- Smart Motion Detection
- Night Vision (Black & White)
- WiFi Capable
- Panoramic View (360 Degrees)
- 2-Way Communication
- Indoor Use
- Weatherproof Outdoor Use
- 24/7 Video Recording
Last update on 2020-08-29 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. NAIYO Light Bulb Camera
Kids come home from school and throw their backpacks on the floor and rush to power up their video game consoles. Hidden recording devices will live stream them coming and going with clarity and accurate time stamps.
Naiyo’s 360Eyes app provides easy access that everyone needs in their home security systems. Screw the bulb in, and you’re off to the races. You can watch your kids so you can make sure they do their homework before playing video games.
But, nothing is perfect, and neither is the NAIYO cam. The illumination is dimmer than a lot of people need, and it does not hold up to sun and rain for outdoor usage.
- Helpful tip: Even if the camera is off, they still work like a light bulb and provides illumination to a room. Don’t expect the bulb to be super bright, though, regardless of brand and model.
2. JBonest 1080P WiFi Camera Light Bulb Panoramic Camera
Part of life is taking care of our parents, grandparents, or other friends and relatives. As caregivers, we worry when we are away from those who might need us. The ability to communicate with a two-way audio feature is more than a plus; it is a necessity.
The JBonest 1080P WiFi Camera Light Bulb Panoramic Camera is dynamic when detecting movement. The infrared night vision and LED lights detect motion and heat. They switch on to see what is happening and allows you to talk to whoever is in the room.
When activated, it lights up and records footage with a 360-degree fisheye lens. It also blends in with home decoration and requires no wall fixture or ceiling installation.
- Helpful hint: One of the benefits of an indoor light bulb hidden camera is the fact they require no drilling into walls.
But, the good comes with the bad, like with all things. The night vision does not work unless it activates because of motion and lights up.
3. TUPEYA Light Bulb Camera
Leaving babies, if to only sleep, is not the easiest thing to do. Gazing at the tiniest of people seems to make everything better.
Not only can you peek at the little one throughout the day, but the TUPEYA Light Bulb Camera gives a full view of their entire room using a 360-fisheye camera. It records in 1080 HD videos, so you do not miss a smile regardless of where you are.
The thing is, the connection acts finicky on occasion and requires resetting. It is not 5G capable, either.
4. SARCCH Light Bulb Camera
Neighborhood children jump fences to sneak into pool areas or grab their runaway toys. It is not that people don’t expect kids to be kids, but it is about safety and potential liability issues.
The panoramic view keeps eyes on trouble areas. The dome shape of the bulb provides the ability to watch every corner of a patio to help safeguard against accidents and trespassers.
But, the unique design of the SARCCH Light Bulb Camera is not really useful if you are looking to spy on your property secretly. It is sort of bulky and obvious to people who look for cams. It is not the best outdoor light bulb camera, but it does the job.
5. BESDERSEC 1080P Home WiFi Panoramic Security Camera
It is a given that pets are mischievous. Furkids often require eyes on them pretty much 24/7. And, sometimes, there is reason to secretly spy on pet sitters to make sure there is nothing hinky happening.
When you are at work, checking in on your little pals keeps separation anxiety at bay — for both of you. The two-way audio aspect helps you to calm down a riled up pet, so you do not come home to scattered cushion stuffing.
However, the WiFi tends to act wonky because it is only 2.4GHz WiFi compatible and requires regular resets to sync with your cell phone.
What is this newfangled secret security device that brightens up a room and records at the same time? — Light Bulb WiFi Security Camera
Everything starts with an idea. Light bulbs cams are the answer to the need for hidden cameras. The ability to secretly spy on your home and property offers an extra layer of safety and security.
It tends to get confusing when combing through the options for an LED light camera. Light bulbs come in different shapes and sizes. So do light bulb cameras.
The possibilities range from smaller designs to full-on lamps, so it depends on exactly what you need.
We are breaking down the top five best light bulb security camera choices so you can start figuring out what is best for you and your family. You do not want to invest in something you do not want or need.
Why — Light Bulb Surveillance Camera
The crazy amount of light bulb cameras on the market is in response to the demand to beef up security systems in a discreet way. But, more than that, it is to meet a specific need for a fully camouflaged variety of cam.
Ideally, an LED light camera and a regular old light bulb put off a good amount of light. The two purpose solution amps up security options when monitoring for potential perpetrators, even remotely.
Getting rid of larger, more obvious options like CCTV cameras is also a more streamlined way to approach home protection.
- Tip — Light bulb cameras do not operate using a DVR or NVR like the average security cam. In order to get alerts, you must use a phone app.
4 Need-to-Know Facets to Think About — Light Bulb Cameras
We understand the “why” when it comes to light bulb security cameras, but the “how” to choose the right one for you is still a hanging question. Before you install, connect, and monitor, let’s cover what to look for that best suits your needs.
- Features — The hidden part of a light bulb camera is a given because it acts as a regular source of light. But, how conspicuous does it need to be? Do you need video and audio? And, the field of few is something to consider, because of the various options out there.
- Keep reading: The massive amount of features and the questions about them are on their way.
- Compatibility — WiFi connections are a huge factor to consider when choosing the right light bulb security. Without the proper network compatibility, mobile access, and alerts while away are impossible.
- Mobility — Do you monitor streaming video from an iPhone? Android? A PC? You will want a dual light source and security system that works with how you control your camera systems.
- Helpful Hint: Do a little research about which phone app and cam work best for you because they are essential when it comes to active monitoring and getting alerts.
- Indoor/Outdoor — Is the added camera to watch the yard or the new addition to the family? Weatherproofing is a requirement when using an outside fixture, while it is not so crucial in a lamp or indoor wall socket.
6 Probably-Should-Know Features to Fit Your Budget — Light Bulb Cameras
Most household budgets are tight and do not leave a lot of wiggle room for expenses. Light bulb cameras come with a wide range of price tags. Unless you need specific features, why pay more than you should?
- Built-In Speaker and Microphone — Communication through a security camera is not a requirement for everyone. It is dependent on what its purpose is. Do you want to say hi to the kids after school or soothe a weather-scared pet?
- Inside/Outside — Indoor light bulb cameras are not as durable as outdoor; thus they cost a bit more. Outdoor eyes require protection from the rain and sun, so they never fail to capture a moment of motion.
- Installation — Lighting security options are diverse. The possibilities range from wall installation to no installation at all. It comes down to the price and what you are willing to do get it up and running. — Remember, there is no need to drill into your walls because they are wireless by nature.
- MicroSD Size — Light bulb cameras do not really use large storage devices like DVR’s or even the cloud. They use MicroSD cards and come in different sizes. It all depends on how often you can view and delete footage when choosing the right amount of memory.
- Motion Detection — When looking at WiFi light bulb security cameras, it is imperative to look for those with motion detector sensors. A variety of alerts are available, depending on what you want. Another thing that varies about motion detectors is their sensitivity levels.
- Video Quality — Resolution choices run the gamut from 729p to 4K. It is best to seek out the best quality you can afford, but not more than you actually need.
3 User-Friendly Tips — Light Bulb Cameras
- Eyes in High Places — A must-do when installing an illuminating camera is making sure it is high up, so it does not miss a single moment of motion. It also reduces the threat of an intruder just reaching and screwing it out.
- More than One — One light bulb camera is not quite enough to get all-around security. For instance, if you have a large yard, a porch light is not going to cut it. Adding corner cams avoids missing an inch of coverage.
- Off and On — The typical glowing camera detects motion and sees through the darkness when turned off. You can save energy by remembering to turn it off when sleeping or when you are not at home. It will still work its magic when detecting motion and recording.
My Top Pick — BESDERSEC 1080P Home WiFi Panoramic Security Camera
It was not an easy choice to pick the one that stood out because they all act like rays of sunshine for any home security system. But, the BESDERSEC 1080P Home WiFi Panoramic Security Camera hits all the high notes.
It follows through with the promise of a hidden camera because of its design. It easily passes for a regular light bulb.
It also has a smart sensor that picks up motion and switches the light on to get a better look at what is happening.
And it does not end there. The two-way audio lets you check in on your kids, pets, or seniors at home while away.
You never miss a moment of streaming video, either, with its 360-degree panoramic field of view and the 1.44mm fisheye lens.
Packed with features, the BESDERSEC Home WiFi Panoramic Security Camera does everything we dreamed of in a light bulb cam.