The ADT voice has been a staple of the security industry for many years. For some people, it’s comforting to hear a familiar voice when their alarm goes off. However, there are times when you want to turn off your ADT alarm completely, or just mute it temporarily.
We’re going to show you how to turn off the voice on the ADT alarm in three simple steps.
- Go to the main menu of your security system.
- Select “Security” then “System Settings”.
- Scroll down and select the “Voice” option.
- The last thing you need to do is turn off the voice by selecting “Turn Off Voice”.
How to Turn Off the Voice on Your ADT Alarm System
- Press the “Test” button on your keypad. This will cause the alarm to sound and should trigger any sensors that are armed. If this doesn’t work, try pressing “Silence” and then “Test.” This should silence the alarm and then allow you to arm it again without having to wait for the entire process to complete.
- Press “Silence” on your keypad once you hear the beeping sound. This will stop the alarm from sounding, but it will not disarm any sensors that are currently armed. If at least one sensor is armed, it will still beep every few seconds until you disarm all of them. If you have no sensors armed, pressing this button will silence the beeping immediately after pressing it once. However, this may not be effective if more than one sensor has been triggered by someone entering your home or office building
- Press the “Test” button. You should hear a single beep. Press “Silence” twice in rapid succession. This will silence the system.
How to Silence the ADT Alarm
There are a few ways to silence an ADT alarm.
The first way is to simply reach over and press the Alarm Silence button on the keypad. This will stop the alarm for a set period of time. If that doesn’t work, try using the keypad from anywhere in your home or business. You can also use your smartphone app, as long as it’s connected to the security system.
Unplug the battery backup power supply (UPS). This will remove power from the system and will temporarily disable it.
If you don’t have access to any of these options, then you’ll need to call ADT customer service. The company has a 24/7 toll-free line available for this purpose, but if you’re outside the U.S., then you’ll have to call local emergency services instead.
How to Mute the ADT Alarm
To mute an alarm from your keypad:
- Press Mute. You will hear a beep when it has been muted.
If you have ADT Pulse and the alarm system is connected to a smartphone, you can control what happens when the alarm goes off.
To mute the alarm:
- Go to your ADT Pulse app and tap on the Alarm icon.
- Tap on the alarm that was triggered. This will bring up a menu with options for you to choose from.
- Tap on Mute Alarm. This will turn off your phone’s ringer and send an email notification to whoever is listed as your primary contact in the app. (1)
How to Stop the ADT Alarm from Beeping
- Tap on “Settings” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “My Devices” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select “Alarm Control.”
- Tap on “Silence Alarm.”
- Your device will begin playing a tone every 30 seconds until you silence it again or turn off its beeping feature entirely
Take a look at some of our related articles below.
- How to remove a zone from ADT alarm system
- How to turn off ADT alarm system without code
- How to reset ADT alarm panel
(1) email – https://www.britannica.com/technology/e-mail
(2) Pulse – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/258118
(3) Android or iPhone – https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/buyers-guides/google/145016-android-vs-iphone-which-is-best-for-you
Zions Security Alarms – ADT Authorized Dealer