Editors Overall Rating
- Ultraloq UL3 Review (Is this Your Best Option in 2022?)
- Editors Overall Rating
- Detailed Review
- ULTRALOQ UL3 BT Smart Lock
- Features and Specifications
- Video Walkthrough
- Alternative Smart Lock To The Ultraloq UL3
- Final Thoughts
You can put it on your front door or any other vulnerable area in your home. The Ultraloq UL3 is the world’s only 3-in-1 proximity lock that combines door, car, and laptop security.
Things We Liked
- Flexible five-in-one smart lock with no keys
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Constructed to withstand the elements.
- It has a wonderful velvety effect on interior design.
- Battery life is lengthy (up to one year)
- Multiple users are possible
- Includes a backup key
- Comes with a limited electrical warranty and a lifetime mechanical guarantee.
- Makes use of cutting-edge technology
- Scanning of a person’s thumbprint.
- There are several ways to open the door
- The weatherproof rating is IP-65
- You can make use of your existing deadbolt
Things We Didn’t Like
- When the sun is out, the keypad can be difficult to read; you should cover it for some shade
- Using the iOS app, you can’t update or delete users.
- When the lock has been rained on, fingerprint and Bluetooth may fail
- No code can be sent to another Bluetooth device.
- Locking is not possible with a smartphone.
- Other smart home technologies, such as Z-wave or Zigbee, are not compatible.
- There is no anti-tampering alarm.
Features and Specifications
The Ultraloq UL3 BT Smart Lock is essentially a keyless lock that has been upgraded for optimum versatility and convenience. The Ultralog UL3 BT is a Bluetooth-enabled lock featuring fingerprint and code access, as well as some unique app features like knocking and shaking to unlock. (1)
Here’s a summary of some of the capabilities this smart lock offers.
You don’t have to worry about the UL3 getting wet because it has an IP65 rating. Even if you install it on an exterior door, this guarantees that it always works correctly.
Even if your hands are full, thumbprint entry allows you to simply enter your home. You don’t have to be concerned about misplacing your keys any longer. All you have to do with the UL3 is use your thumb.
If your thumbprint scanner fails, you can always use your keypad to get access to your home. You’re still avoiding having to use your keys. It’s a quick and easy way to get in and out of your house.
Sense of Recognition
When your hand approaches the lock, the UL3 automatically lights up. That means you won’t have to bring out your phone to view the keypad if it’s dark outside. This is a useful function, especially in dimly light situations.
95 Different Users
The Ultraloq UL3 can accommodate up to 95 users. That’s a total of 95 unique thumbprints or keycodes. It’s comforting to know that if you forget something, you may call on a neighbor or acquaintance who has access to your home.
Uses AA Batteries
Some smart devices come with their own batteries. That implies you’ll have to wait for a replacement if it dies. Luckily, the Ultraloq UL3 isn’t one of those devices. It runs on normal AA batteries, which you probably already have on hand.
There are five ways to access your home, four of which are keyless. You can open the lock using a unique code, your fingerprint, or your smartphone. To open the door, the fingerprint feature captures up to 95 percent of your fingerprint and detects the pattern in 0.5 seconds.
Complete App Control
You can acquire complete control of your door by using the Ultraloq app. The app operates on low-energy Bluetooth and does not require internet access to function. During the installation of another Ultraloq system, it can be used to view users and logs, open/close the door, and clone existing users.
When using your smartphone, you have the option of using the Ultraloq app or simply knocking/shaking to unlock. iOS users can touch four times on their smartphone’s screen, however, Android users must open their phone’s screen and shake the device. (2)
Display that is Ergonomic
The Ultraloq lock has an anti-scratch touchpad and an ergonomic waterproof OLED display. The touchpad is equipped with anti-peep technology, which allows you to enter a series of random digits in addition to your unique code.
As long as the code is embedded within the numbers you enter, your door will remain open. Low battery warnings are also displayed on the user-friendly display. (3)
Materials that are Long-Lasting
Any Ultraloq UL3 BT Smart Lock review will tell you that this is one of the most durable door locks on the market. It has a single latch and a reversible handle that is very easy to use and is composed of sturdy zinc alloy and metal.
All of the materials are weatherproof, and the three AA batteries will provide you entry to your home up to 8,000 times. For most families, this is more than a year’s worth of use. Other minor features include auto-relock, lockout, and passage, as well as a DIY installation kit and a user handbook.
The Ultraloq UL3 Bluetooth supports these types of door lock mechanisms
- Deadbolt Attachment – Not Supported
- Interior Deadbolt Replacement – Not Supported
- Complete Deadbolt Replacement – Not Supported
- Handle (Latch/Knobs) Replacement – Supported
- Handle and Deadbolt Integrated – Not Supported
- Mortise – Not Supported
- Other (Floor/Wall) Installation – Not Supported
The following apps and voice assistants are supported or integrated with the Ultraloq UL3 Bluetooth:
- Alexa, IFTTT. Ultraloq Bridge Required, Google Assistant
- Alexa is supported by the Ultraloq UL3 Bluetooth with the following commands
- “Alexa, unlock the front door.”
- “Alexa, lock the front door.”
- “Alexa, the front door is locked?”
Alternative Smart Lock To The Ultraloq UL3
- 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock: Anti-peep Keypad + Smartphone + Auto Unlock + Shake to Open + Mechanical Key.
- Control Your Ultraloq Smart Door Lock via Bluetooth: Lock, unlock, share access and see a Log of who’s entered and exactly when they did using smartphone App. Grant access to your family, guests or service people via a code or an eKey for permanent access, specific dates or periods of time. Ultraloq Bridge WiFi Adaptor is required for remote access (sold separately).
- All-IN-ONE FLEXIBILITY: World's first 5-in-1 keyless entry smart lock, fingerprint + code + smartphone + Knock / Shake to Open + mechanical key.
- SMARTPHONE CONTROL: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Connectivity, Works with both iOS and Android, View users, Log record, Clone.
- Control Your Ultraloq Smart Lock Anytime, Anywhere: Unlock, share access and see a Log of who's entered and exactly when they did remotely using smartphone App with WiFi Bridge included. Share ekey or code remotely to your family, guests or service people for permanent access, specific dates or periods of time. Connectivity: 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
- 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock: Touch and Go 360° Fingerprint ID + Anti-peep Keypad + Smartphone + Auto Unlock + Shake to Open + Mechanical Key
The Ultraloq UL3 smart keyless lock employs smart lock technology that to us is top of its class. We really enjoyed this device when reviewing it and can highly recommend it. It provides a lot of versatility and convenience for your home or business.
You may want to check other product and learning guides, we’ve written.
(1) fingerprint – https://www.britannica.com/topic/fingerprint
(2) App Control – https://www.vmware.com/products/app-control.html
(3) Ergonomic – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/ergonomic-design
Secure It Fast Box Model 47 Review
Product Brand: SecureIt