Security cameras are one of the most important devices when it comes to guarding and protecting a family or home. Among all the security cameras that exist 4k security cameras are one of the biggest innovations of recent times.
People still do not know the specific functionality of this type of security camera. That is why here we will easily mention what this type of camera is all about and are 4K security cameras worth it?
You may also want to check here the best 4k security camera system in the market today!
How a 4k security camera works
When it comes to using a CCTV-type security camera the resolution is one of the important aspects. Today there are security cameras that offer the highest resolution for a great level of detail. This is a great advantage when analyzing different videos recorded by this camera. (1)
A 4k security camera is simply a camera that can provide a resolution of approximately 4000 pixels wide. An image with a high level of detail can be obtained. These 4k Ultra HD security cameras require a large amount of storage memory when you want to store the recorded videos.
Compared to Full HD 1080 pixel resolution cameras, 4k security cameras provide four times more video and image resolution. When you need to focus at a very long distance the resolution is very important. This security camera makes it possible to detect much more of the different details within the field of view.
It can be much more convenient to choose these security cameras for remote monitoring. Storing the videos from this type of security camera may require a large budget from the users. Especially when you need to record several hours to store the result, the amount of memory required is too much.
Advantages of the 4k security camera
Although it is a security camera that requires a large amount of storage memory this option can provide excellent advantages to users. We will list some of the advantages and benefits that users can get from this security camera.
- High level of detail: This is an obvious advantage that needs to be considered. The high level of detail of these cameras makes it possible to detect a greater number of potentially dangerous objects and people.
- Great video analytics: Those users who choose to store the videos recorded by these security cameras will be able to perform high-level analysis. This is thanks to the 4k resolution that this security camera can offer. (2)
- Video clarity: This is another advantage that can be applied both day and night. At night the infrared night vision is generally superior to other security cameras with lower resolution. Videos can be enjoyed with a high level of clarity at all times.
- Digital zoom: Digital zoom is superior and allows you to reach as far as possible compared to other security cameras.
- Other advantages: We can consider some additional advantages such as simple installation, remote viewing, weatherproof structure, and wide-angle viewing.
4k security cameras are a great innovation and allow you to optimize the security of a home or any other place. The high level of detail allows immediate action to be taken the moment something suspicious occurs. Although a high budget may be required, the truth is that this is worth it in most cases.
(1) CCTV-type security camera – https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/CCTV-closed-circuit-television
(2) video analytics – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/computer-science/video-analytics